Thursday, August 29, 2013

Georgia's Party!

There are a few party remnants still lingering around our house. I am so pleased with how well the party went. It was fun to watch Georgia play with her friends and we enjoyed spending the day with all of our loved ones. I am so thankful for those of you who helped to make her day special. 

Here are a few of our favorite moments {and the details for all of you DIY-ers}...


The beautiful cake, cupcakes and the sparkler candle were all from Rise Cupcakes in Friendswood. I used some of the sticks from the Photo Props Kit {link below} and attached washi tape to them at different heights. I folded them slightly to create the cake flags.


We set up a table for party necessities. The ball jars were for adult beverages. They were a nice pop of color against the mainly white decor. The lids and paper straws were ordered from Very Jane. The utensil caddy from Target kept plastic-ware and napkins organized and easily accessible. Framed pictures and fresh flowers added a personal touch. {Photos of Georgia taken by Stephanie Raye Photography.}


As most of you know, Georgia's dress was made by me. I used Butterick pattern B5912. I also made her a crown with decorative ribbon. I just cut it to size and stitched the two ends together. 



The party invitations were created by Kelli Murray. Her owl graphic was also used for our game of 'Pin the Party Hat on the Owl'. My friend Stephanie cropped the image and I had it enlarged at a local copy shop. I cut around the owl and pinned it to color coordinating felt pieces




The hats were made from polka dot scrapbook paper cut in to triangles. I placed a small square of adhesive velcro {much safer than pins for little ones} and a round kraft label for the kids to write their names on the back of each hat.



When it came time for the party, I pinned the felt pieces and owl image to the fence. I added a real balloon, just for fun! Each child got a hat and wrote their name on it. When it was their turn, we place a blindfold over their eyes. Whoever was able to 'pin' their hat closest to the correct positioning won. Yay, Loralai!


Georgia received so many wonderful gifts. Here she is reading a card that her 'best friend' made for her.  She also got clothes, crayons, dolls {even some handmade ones}, a trike and a 'big girl' bike. We are so thankful!


For the photo booth, we took the table and two chairs that are usually in Georgia's room and set them up outside against the fence. The glasses and mustaches were part of the Photo Props Kit from Paper Source. The chalk board sign was only $5 from Hobby Lobby. 





The feathered party hats can be made using the templet found here. I used cream card stock for our hats and hot glued feathers to the tips. I used a small hole punch to make one hole on each side at the base of the hat, fed 1/4 elastic thru each hole and knotted the ends inside of the hat. 

I added a ball jar with fresh flowers and set up the camera with a remote. So simple! I think the adults enjoyed it more than the kids. At least, Stephanie and I did! 


Lastly, for the party favors... 
We picked up some caramel chocolate popcorn from Chocolate Pizzaz. Georgia loves popcorn and theirs is amazing. I also made pink hair bows for the little ladies and tan button-on bow ties for the gents. The small window boxes can be purchased at The Container Store. The window made it easy to find the right bow type while people were leaving. Inside, I put one bow and a small portion of the popcorn wrapped in a small clear bag tied with black and white bakers twine. I finished them off with kraft paper cut in a flag shape, stamped, and attached with a small clothespin. 

I hope everyone enjoyed the party. I can't wait to see your little ones in their bows!  

And now G is three! Sometimes, I look down at her and see the tiny baby we brought home from the hospital. Its amazing how much can change in such a short time because of one little girl. 

We love you, Georgia!








No comments:

Post a Comment