We didn't find out much yesterday, other than that the lump on Matt's leg is not from an injury, but is some sort of tumor. That doesn't mean it is cancer, but it also doesn't rule it out. We saw one of the best doctors in the world for Sarcoma and he assured us that we are in good hands. I believe that and couldn't be more thankful. The next step will be an MRI with contrast. We are praying he will be able to get in for that before the work week ends. Depending on those results, the next step would be a biopsy.
So, for now, the waiting continues. We are taking everything as it comes. We know that God has us in His hands and that this is just another part of our journey. We pray that God will use us and this season to bring Him glory, to teach and strengthen us, and to bring others closer to Him.
I can already see God working in our lives, opening our eyes to things that we have never been aware of, revealing areas that need improvement. As mentioned in my previous post, for several months I have been feeling called to serve others more, to live intentionally. About a month ago, my church started a study in our life groups called "Interrupted", which is geared around shifting focus from self to others. The study has lined up perfectly with convictions I was already having. Now, I am praying for God to help me see the life changes that need to be made so that those things are not just something I'd like to do, but a priority, a habit in our daily living.
Being at MD Anderson yesterday, just being in the presence of so many hurting people solidified that calling for me. My heart ached for each and everyone of them. Not in the way that it use to... feeling sorry for people when in their presence, then carrying on with my own life without a second thought. I wanted to talk to them, to know their story, to hug them. When I left, I saw their faces in my head, I prayed for them and felt compelled to help some how.
If I wait for the 'right' time, when will I begin? If I wait for an obvious need to appear, how many opportunities to serve someone else will be missed? We aren't guaranteed tomorrow, so why not today?
"Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." Matthew 9:35-38 (NIV)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cortney, I haven't heard from you in a long time! Email me! mark.kapner@gmail.com
ReplyDelete